Blogger Templates

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

my 348 day countdown until my 5th anniversary at Walt Disney World!

A man should never neglect his family for business
~*Walt Disney*~
For the next 348 days i'm going to attempt to do a countdown until my Fifth Anniversary that we will be spending at Walt Disney World.

But first things first:
About me...  Hi, I'm Brandon White. I'm 25 years old soon to be 26 on the 30th of April. I often think my wife is controlling, but I'm grateful because i can be a bit impulsive. I have three children (all boys) ages 2,5,and 9. They can be a real handful. My oldest son (9) is into extreme sports like bmx biking and skateboarding, he is very coordinated on wheels but not so much on his feet though. My middle son (5) is very into music everywhere from Justin Bieber to Motley Crue. He loves to sing. That leaves me with the baby (2).
He is just coming out of his shell and loves everything his brothers do, plus Barney the dinosaur.

What's the Happiest moment in my life?
Seeing as how I have three children I honestly can't pick one birth over another, because thats not right. I also can't pick my wedding day over my kids' births either, because that wouldn't be right either. The happiest day of my life would have to be watching my family's faces light up their first time at Walt Disney World. I absolutely loved everything about it.

Who are my biggest role models?
I'd  have to say my Grandpa and Walt Disney; both have been through alot in there life.
"Don't spend all your life trying to grow up, because once you're my age you wish your were younger"      ~*Grandpa Joe*~

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you" ~*Walt Disney*~

348 days to go: I decided to start this blog to hype myself up practically a year before the trip, but also so maybe you can give me tips, ask me questions, suggest topics and whatever else comes of it. I recently read a Walt Disney biography and my mind was blown to read exactly how great of a person he was. As a family man, animator, and business man. There was a point in time that he choose to take a pay cut himself in order to keep his silly symphony animation going under, making himself and Roy Disney the lowest paid salaries in the studio. Now that takes greatness! Can you think of a boss that would voluntarily take a lower salary to keep all his employees? I know I can't think of one. Makes me wonder if maybe we had more bosses like Disney, would our economy be so bad? To have more companies ran by a high moral instead of greed. Disney was a selfless man that created a legacy for parents to share with their children for generations. So you can look at your child and see what your parents seen watching you as a child at a Disney park or watching your favorite Disney movie. I love it because you can relate to their every smile and emotion, while you stand there smiling to yourself thinking "wow" (and where can I get my next smoked turkey leg) lol. Also my goal is to get 100 subscribers in this 348 count down, please help me out if you can! Thank you all!

347 days to go: This weeks topic is going to be fun free stuff to do in the Orlando and Kissimmee area. So for this topic today I choose Downtown Disney! This place is great for children and parents with plenty to offer both. They have events, games, and contests being held as you walk down the boardwalk. This place is most eventful  in the evenings hours. Granted its only free if you enjoy taking a stroll and can enter a gift shop without buying something but there is no admission or parking fee which is a plus, in comparison to Universal Studios Island of Adventures boardwalk that charges a parking fee to access the boardwalk. For the kids at Downtown Disney they have a lego shop (almost like a mini Lego Land) where they can build with legos and race cars that they can do a race against each other with after it's built. They also have the T-rex Cafe and gift shops where they have a play dig site to dig for dino bones. They also have a pretty big animatronic t-rex that the kids love. They also often hold games on the walk like a hula hoop contest, simon says, and other games along that nature. Now, for you parents looking to have a good time as well, they have all kinds of fun. Throughout the boardwalk in the Pleasure Island section, they offer alcoholic beverages, they have a Harley Davison shop, a Sosa's Cigar Shop, Planet Hollywood, House of Blues, Cirque Du Soleil,and endless gift shops! Here is a link for a map http://www.exploreorlandoflorida.com/images/DisneyMaps/disney-world-downtown-disne.jpg. I hope this was a helpful tip that some of you may use on your next Orlando vacation! Thanks for reading! Hope to see you back tomorrow!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment